Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Bill Lear, the guy who invented Lear Jets, also invented the eight-track tape player. But more importantly, one of his daughters was named Shanda. Shanda Lear.
- Pink Floyd’s album “The Dark Side of the Moon” was on the Billboard 200 album charts for a record 958 weeks and counting . . . but only spent ONE week at number one, in 1973.
- A can of Coke is 90% water . . . a can of Diet Coke is 99% water.
- Clownfish . . . like the ones in “Finding Nemo” . . . can change from male-to-female if they need to, for reproduction. So in the movie, once Nemo’s mother was killed, his father would’ve grown female sex organs and started reproducing . . . with Nemo.
- The first commercial jingle was in a Wheaties radio ad in 1926.