Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- In the 1300s in England, one of the only ways for a woman to get a divorce was if her husband was impotent. So there was an actual job for someone who would inspect men’s junk to determine if their wives’ claims were true.
- The first big studio movie to feature the F-word was “MASH” in 1970. There was a big football game at the climax of the movie and a character named Painless says, quote, “All right, Bud, your [effing] head is coming right off!”
- Verne Troyer . . . a.k.a. Mini-Me from the “Austin Powers” movies . . . was raised Amish.
- On the first season of “Sesame Street”, Oscar the Grouch was orange. They changed him to green before the second season . . . by saying he had gone to a muddy swamp and turned green overnight.
- Nebraska is the only “triple landlocked” state . . . which means it doesn’t touch an ocean, the states bordering it don’t touch an ocean, and the states bordering THEM don’t touch an ocean.