Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- FedEx almost went under back in the ’70s in their early years . . . they only had $5,000 in the bank and needed to pay off $24,000. They’re still around because the founder took the last $5,000 to Vegas, gambled it on blackjack, and won $27,000.
- The first professional football league in America was called the National Football League . . . but it has no relation to the modern one. It lasted one season in 1902 and featured a mix of football players and pro baseball players.
- The most common answer . . . or, technically, “question” . . . on “Jeopardy” is “What is China?”
- The first African-American to win an Oscar for something other than acting was Isaac Hayes. He won Best Original Song for “Theme From Shaft” in 1971.
- The reason Hitler shaved his mustache down to a square is because he had trouble fitting a regular mustache into a gas mask.