Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Mount Everest has gotten taller . . . it’s up to 29,031.7 feet, two feet higher than 16 years ago. It could be because a major earthquake in 2015 shifted things.
- The guy who founded the Spalding sporting goods company is Albert Spalding . . . and he’s in the baseball Hall of Fame. He was a pitcher in the 1870s.
- If you could only die in sudden accidents and not from disease or old age, the average person would live to be 8,938 years old, and some people who really beat the odds would live into their 40,000s.
- The Tour de France started as a publicity stunt in 1903 to promote a daily sports newspaper called “L’Auto”.
- Violence is actually pretty rare in bank robberies . . . it only happens about one out of 25 times. Most of the time a robber hands the teller a note, gets the money, and leaves.