Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Mark Twain was born just after Halley’s Comet was visible in 1835. When Halley’s Comet was visible again 75 years later, in 1910 . . . Mark Twain died the next day.
- From 1876 to 1887, Major League Baseball players could request where the pitcher threw the pitches during an at-bat: High, low, or middle. And the umpire adjusted the strike zone to the request.
- Every character on “The Simpsons” only has four fingers on their hand . . . except for God, who has five when he’s appeared in Homer’s various visions and dreams.
- Mount Vesuvius in Italy is still an active volcano and 550,000 people would need to be immediately evacuated if it erupts again.
- There hasn’t been an NFL game with the final score 7-to-nothing in almost 40 years. The last time was December 4, 1983, when the Patriots beat the Saints 7-0.