Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- “The Flintstones” promoted Winston cigarettes through its first two seasons . . . with commercials that aired during the show of the characters smoking.
- The phrase “close, but no cigar” comes from carnivals in the early 1900s, when they used to give out cigars as prizes for winning games.
- The record for the most flowers sold in a single day was August 17, 1977 . . . the day after Elvis died.
- Boise State University famously has blue turf on their football field . . . and they actually trademarked the idea of having non-green artificial turf. So if anyone else in the world wants to do it, they need to get Boise State’s permission.
- If you’re in a room with 70 people, statistically there’s a 99.9% chance at least two of them will have the same birthday. And if you’re in a room with just 23 people, there’s a 50% chance two of them will have the same birthday.