Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Cats sleep so much that by the time they turn nine years old, they’ve only been awake about three years.
- King Olav V of Norway competed in the Olympics while he was king . . . but not just because he could, because he was actually really good at SAILING. He won a gold medal at the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam.
- The exclamation point didn’t become a standard key on the keyboard until 1970.
- Even though it was just a novelty song, “Because I Got High” by Afroman was nominated for the Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance in 2002. It lost to Missy Elliott’s “Get Ur Freak On”.
- Congress passed a law in 1866 that no living person could appear on currency . . . after an official at the U.S. Treasury snuck himself onto a five-cent bill.