Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- If all of the gold in the world was melted down, it would fit into less than three-and-a-half Olympic swimming pools.
- After “Top Gun” came out, the number of men joining the Navy to become Naval pilots went up 500%.
- Ventriloquism started as a religious practice. The ancient Greeks called it gastromancy, and they believed the ventriloquist was getting messages from spirits in their stomach and revealing them through a dummy.
- The original name for Frank Sinatra’s song “New York, New York” was “Theme From New York, New York”, and it was the theme song for the Martin Scorsese movie “New York New York” in 1977. That version was performed by Liza Minnelli. Sinatra re-recorded his own version in 1979 that became the version everyone knows.
- The Stanley Cup can hold 23 beers. (That’s 23 12-ounce bottles . . . or just over two gallons.)