Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- If bees were paid minimum wage, a jar of honey would cost $182,000 in labor.
- An Indian classical music conductor named Zubin Mehta has the most Grammy nominations without a win, at 18. Brian McKnight is second with 17 and Snoop Dogg is third with 16 noms and no wins.
- George R.R. Martin has written all of the “Game of Thrones” books using a computer that’s at least 25 years old. It doesn’t even have Windows on it, just the DOS operating system . . . and he uses the 1980s word processing program WordStar.
- There are at least twice as many kangaroos in Australia as people. There are about 50 million kangaroos and 25 million people.
- Golfers who win The Masters get to keep their green jacket for a year . . . but then they have to return it. It gets put in a closet, and then they can wear it whenever they visit from that point on.