Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The number 187 became connected to murder because Section 187 of the California Penal Code legally defines murder.
- The first-ever comic book convention was in New York in 1964. And the very first person to buy a ticket was . . . 15-year-old George R.R. Martin, the author of the “Game of Thrones” books.
- A guy named Nolan Bushnell invented the video game “Pong” . . . founded Atari . . . AND founded Chuck E. Cheese.
- Meerkats are more likely to kill each other than any other mammals. Almost 20% of meerkats are killed by members of the same species.
- More nickels were made in 1964 than any other year. People were hoarding them because they mistakenly thought they were made with silver, so the U.S. Mint increased production. About three billion nickels wound up being made.