Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The first book that included photographs was published in 1843 and it was about algae.
- Penguins have knees. Their legs just look super short because most of their leg bones are covered in feathers.
- Every ounce of ice water you drink burns one calorie.
- Australia comes from the Latin word “australis,” which means “southern.” It got that name because an explorer in the late 1700s said it was impossible that there’d be any other land further south. Antarctica, obviously, hadn’t been discovered yet.
- The company Nokia was named after a city: Nokia, Finland. But it’s no longer based there.