Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Millions of Americans . . . including the Bush family . . . are descendants of a guy from the Mayflower who fell overboard and only survived by grabbing a rope.
- When Oprah gave everyone in her audience a car back in 2004, they all ended up owing the IRS about $6,000 in taxes.
- Weird Al Yankovic started the Volcano Worshippers club at his high school in California. He says they didn’t actually worship volcanoes, they just wanted to get another photo of themselves in the yearbook.
- John Wilkes Booth planned on assassinating both Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant, but Grant decided not to go to the theater that night because his wife didn’t like Mary Todd Lincoln.
- Jupiter’s gravity field is so huge that it basically acts like a vacuum cleaner and sucks away things like comets, asteroids, and debris that would otherwise hit and possibly destroy the Earth.