Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Cher has the record for the longest amount of time between her first and last number one hits. “I Got You Babe” was number one in August of 1965 . . . “Believe” was number one 33-and-a-half years later, in April of 1999.
- Bluetooth is named after a 10th century Scandinavian king, Harald Bluetooth. He united Danish tribes into one kingdom. When Bluetooth technology was invented, they picked the name because it unified the way machines communicated.
- There have been proposals made to the Las Vegas City Council for casinos with themes including the Titanic, the moon, the WWE, Playboy, London, San Francisco, and the Caribbean. For various reasons, none of them ever happened.
- Most of the static you hear on a radio is caused by the radiation field around Jupiter. So don’t touch that dial, because we’re intergalactic, baby.
- Pogs got their name from a Hawaiian brand of juice called POG Juice . . . where “POG” stood for pineapple-orange-guava.