Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Lobster wasn’t always considered a delicacy . . . before the late 1800s, lobsters were called the “cockroaches of the sea” and fed to prisoners to save money.
- CNN has a video clip ready to air if the world is about to end. It’s a band playing the song “Nearer My God to Thee”.
- There have been around 19,000 Major League Baseball players in history . . . and not a single one had a last name that started with the letter X. There are 52 whose last name started with Q, and 98 with Z.
- MySpace was in talks to acquire Facebook in 2004 but passed . . . because Mark Zuckerberg wanted $75 million and they felt that was too much. Facebook’s current market cap is $445 billion . . . MySpace sold in 2011 for $35 million.
- There are 11 U.S. states that only have one area code: Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.