Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The place where people disappear the most in the U.S. is the “Alaska Triangle” . . . which is a large area of wilderness. Since 1988, more than 16,000 people have disappeared there.
- The North and South Poles don’t officially have time zones. In the North Pole, each research station uses the time from its home country. And in the South, since people mostly fly there from New Zealand, that’s the time they use.
- A female chauffeur is called a chauffeuse.
- The eight pawns on a chessboard all used to have their own names based on non-royalty jobs: Gambler, policeman, innkeeper, merchant, doctor, weaver, blacksmith, and farmer.
- James Madison is the only president who had two vice presidents DIE in office. His first VP was George Clinton . . . not the one from P-Funk . . . and he died in 1812. His second was Elbridge Gerry, who died in 1814.