Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- About $3,200 worth of change is thrown into the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy every single day . . . at least during normal tourist times. That’s almost $1.2 million a year.
- The term “gypsy” was created because people thought they were from Egypt. They weren’t . . . they were actually from northern India.
- Hurricanes spin counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere because of a phenomenon called the Coriolis Effect.
- The following people have all killed someone in a car accident: Laura Bush, Matthew Broderick, Keith Moon, Rebecca Gayheart, Brandy, Vince Neil, and Howard Hughes.
- We call actors’ parts “roles” because in the 17th century in France, they’d get their scripts on rolls of paper.