Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Tiramisu was invented in Italian brothels because they believed it was an aphrodisiac.
- The highest point in Connecticut is on a mountain called Mount Frissell. But it’s not even the peak of the mountain . . . that’s across the border in Massachusetts.
- Ikea started as a mail-order business that sold pencils and postcards.
- One pound of dimes and one pound of quarters are worth the same amount. Two hundred dimes weigh one pound and are worth $20 . . . 80 quarters weigh one pound and are worth $20.
- Dinosaurs existed before flowers. Scientists believe flowering plants evolved as a response to dinosaurs . . . because plants needed protection against vegetarian dinosaurs… So they developed toxic flowers, then eventually evolved to have nontoxic flowers once the dinosaurs were gone.