Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Samuel L. Jackson only has one Oscar nomination in well over 100 films. He was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for “Pulp Fiction” in 1994 . . . and he lost to Martin Landau for “Ed Wood”.
- There are only two words in the English language that end in “gry” . . . angry and hungry.
- It’s illegal to only own one guinea pig in Switzerland. Guinea pigs get lonely if they’re alone, so the law requires you to own at least two.
- Shell Oil Company got the name “Shell” because when it started in 1833, it was a store that sold imported seashells. It didn’t get into the oil business for another 50 years.
- Will Smith’s first name is short for Willard, not William. But on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, his character’s full first name was William for some reason.