Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- According to NASA, the Las Vegas Strip is the brightest spot on Earth from space.
- Technically, a “moment” is 90 seconds. “Moment” debuted in the 1398 Oxford English Dictionary, and it says there are 40 in an hour . . . so that’s 90 seconds each. But obviously the definition has evolved to just mean “a short amount of time.”
- The only planet in our Solar System that’s not named after a Roman god or goddess is . . . Earth. Earth comes from an old English word “ertha,” which means “ground.”
- The busiest day of the year for KFC is Mother’s Day.
- Orson Welles’ final role was as a voice actor in the animated film “Transformers: The Movie”, which came out in 1986. He did the voice of an evil robot who could transform into a planet.