Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Hurricanes and typhoons are the same thing . . . the different words are just used in different places. Hurricanes are in the Atlantic and northeast Pacific, and typhoons are in the Indian Ocean and south Pacific.
- I-95 goes through 15 states, from Maine down to Florida, which is the most of any interstate.
- Quentin Tarantino did a rewrite on the movie “It’s Pat”. Yes, the “SNL” movie about the character with the unknown gender. He was paid for the rewrite but it was uncredited.
- Disney decided not to make Giselle from “Enchanted” one of the Disney princesses because they didn’t want to have to pay for lifelong rights to Amy Adams’ image.
- The Louvre was built in Paris in 1190 as a fortress in case the Vikings ever raided the country. It didn’t become a museum until 1793.