Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The Cliffs Notes version of “The Scarlet Letter” outsells the actual book almost four to one.
- The word “gymnasium” comes from the Greek word “gymnazein,” which literally translates to “exercise naked.”
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial in D.C. was designed by a 21-year-old architecture student at Yale named Maya Lin. Her professor had given her a “B” for the design, and he also submitted his own design proposal . . . which obviously lost.
- “Rich Girl” by Hall & Oates wasn’t actually about a girl . . . it was about a guy named Victor Walker who came from a rich family in Chicago. But Daryl Hall thought the title “Rich Girl” sounded better than “Rich Guy”.
- The Vikings believed that in heaven there was a giant goat whose udders provided an unlimited supply of beer.