Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- A “mulligan” became a do-over in golf because of a guy named David Mulligan in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in the 1920s. He hit a bad shot, then he decided to try it over again, so his friends called started calling that move a “Mulligan.”
- “Friends” is the most popular show that people in other countries watch to help themselves learn English. “The Simpsons” is number two.
- “Fancy ketchup” is an actual USDA grade . . . and the highest grade. Ketchups are rated on color, consistency, defects, and flavor.
- Buzz Aldrin’s mother’s maiden name was Moon.
- Merv Griffin originally wrote the theme song for “Jeopardy” as a lullaby for his son, called “A Time For Tony”. After he decided to use it for the show, he changed the name to “Think!”