Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Kleenex tissues were originally invented in 1924 as a way to remove makeup. But so many people wrote the company to say they were using them as disposable handkerchiefs that all the marketing shifted to that by 1930.
- Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy is related to Colin Powell. One of Wentz’s grandfathers is black, and he’s cousins with Powell.
- You can send a coconut, a potato, a sombrero, a brick, an inflated beach ball, a Frisbee, or a pillow through the U.S. postal service WITHOUT a box . . . you just have to put enough postage on it and an address label.
- The Dallas Cowboys were the first NFL team to make nachos popular at their stadium. Howard Cosell ate them and talked about them during a slow “Monday Night Football” game there in 1978 before the rest of the NFL really got on board.
- The African country Swaziland has a law that bans witches from flying their broomsticks higher than 500 feet in the air.