Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The first human beings were around 66 million years after the Tyrannosaurus rex. And the T-rex didn’t evolve until 67 million years after early dinosaurs. Which means the T-rex was alive closer to you and me than it was to other dinosaurs.
- Grover Cleveland is the only president who was also an executioner. When he was the sheriff of Erie County, New York about a decade before he became president, he personally executed two criminals.
- A woman sued Quaker Oats in 2009 for false advertising when she found out the Crunch Berries in Cap’n Crunch weren’t real fruit. But a judge dismissed the lawsuit.
- Michael Jackson really wanted to play Spider-Man in a movie, but he knew he’d never get cast . . . so in the ’90s, he actually tried to BUY Marvel Comics to make it happen.
- The spacesuits Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin wore to the Moon in 1969 were actually designed and manufactured by . . . Playtex. Yes, the tampon company.