Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There’s a word in Japanese for a person who buys more books than they could ever possibly read. It’s “tsundoku.”
- Tom Hanks’ brother Jim does the voice of Woody in everything except the “Toy Story” movies. He handles video games, dolls, TV specials, and everything else.
- Franklin Pierce is the only person who was elected president and then wasn’t nominated by his party for a second term. They went with James Buchanan instead in 1856, and he won the election.
- Mr. T’s original set of gold chains came from people who lost them or left them after fights when he worked as a nightclub bouncer.
- Until 2001, the employees at Disney World who dressed up as the characters couldn’t wear their own underwear underneath the costumes . . . they had to wear shared underwear. After enough pubic lice cases, Disney changed the policy.