Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Dogs are banned on Antarctica. It’s because of a fear they could spread diseases to the native seals there.
- Abraham Lincoln had a Confederate $5 bill on him when he was assassinated. Apparently he’d picked it up as a souvenir from when he’d gone to Virginia earlier that month.
- The Pentagon has twice as many bathrooms as it needs, because it was built during segregation . . . so they put in separate bathrooms for black and white employees.
- Harry Caray spent more time broadcasting for the St. Louis Cardinals than the Chicago Cubs. He was with the Cardinals for 25 years and the Cubs for 16.
- FDR was the first president to appear on TV. He was part of a broadcast from the 1939 World’s Fair in New York.