Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Humans aren’t very nutritious to eat, at only about 650 calories per pound of muscle. Animals like boars and beavers have 1,800 calories in a pound of muscle.
- No one knows exactly how long days are on Saturn because there are thousands of miles of clouds blocking the view. The best estimate is that the days are about 10-and-a-half hours.
- Only one former cast member has ever been banned from hosting “Saturday Night Live” again . . . Chevy Chase. Mainly for being a jerk to the cast and crew.
- From the 1700s through the early 1900s, the second-most spoken language in the U.S. was . . . German. During World War One, when we were fighting Germany, it became taboo. (Today it’s the seventh-most spoken language in the U.S. behind English, Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, French, and Vietnamese.)
- The Rolling Stones song “Paint It Black” was released with an accidental stray comma in the title on the record cover so it was “Paint It, Black”. That made people think there might be a negative racial connotation.