Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Shakespeare became rich by hoarding grain and then selling it for ridiculous prices during a famine. Then he used THAT money to run a money lending business . . . and he was once charged with tax evasion.
- When Guns N’ Roses was trying to figure out a name for the band in 1985, one of their options was “AIDS.”
- It’s estimated that there are about three million ships wrecked and sitting at the bottom of the world’s oceans . . . and they’re worth billions of dollars between their artifacts and treasure.
- North Korean women have to get one of 18 different hairstyles that have been approved by the government . . . men have to choose one of 10.
- The first submarine used in a war was called the Turtle, and it was used by the Americans against the British in 1775 during the Revolutionary War.