Craven County closing all government offices other than health department clinics

Craven County closing all government offices other than health department clinics

While Craven County Government offices will close to the public, employees will continue to work to ensure the continuity of the essential services Craven County provides for citizens.

All Craven County parks open spaces will remain open for public use at this time with the exception of playground equipment, park shelters, and workout equipment — which are temporarily closed until further notice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

County Government is offering alternative methods for the public to obtain services in order to encourage social distancing in county offices in compliance with North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper’s mandate regarding mass gatherings and other critical guidance provided by federal and state partners.

A list of all Craven County departments and their telephone numbers and other contact information is available on Craven County’s website at Residents are encouraged to call the department they need services from to see what options for service delivery are available. The Craven County website also has a wealth of information that may meet citizens’ information and service needs.

While this is not an exhaustive list, the following face-to-face service alternatives are available.

Craven County Department of Social Services

Craven County Department of Social Services is encouraging the use of the electronic application process, EPass, for both Medicaid applications and Food and Nutrition Services applications Staff members are available via telephone to assist should applicants experience any difficulty in completing the online application. Clients should call the Department of Social Services at 252-636-4900 for additional information.

To report concerns regarding child abuse, neglect or dependency call Child Welfare at 252-636-4948.

To report concerns regarding adult abuse, neglect or exploitation call Adult Services at 252-636-4900.

Craven County Board of Elections:

Citizens can access the Craven County Board of Elections web page for many forms, data, and online services at

Residents can also fill out their voter registration form or update voter information (address, party, etc.) using an online form but it must be printed, signed and then returned to the Craven County Board of Elections office by fax 252-636-6687, email, or mail at Craven County Board of Elections, 406 Craven Street, New Bern, NC 28560.

The following information is also available online: Voter lists (excel format), Voter history, statistics, election results, election information, candidate information, individual voter information with polling location, party, absentee ballot requests, etc.

If assistance is needed, please call 252-636-6610 during normal business hours weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Craven County Register of Deeds:

Citizens can find out how to obtain a majority of services through the Register of Deeds website at, including applying for copies of various forms and vital documents. Using the online Get Certificate Now system to obtain copies of vital records is strongly encouraged ALL document submitters are also encouraged to take full advantage of eRecording through one of the online eRecording vendor partners – Simplifile or CSC Citizens needing assistance from the Register of Deeds will need to call ahead to schedule an appoint 252-636-6617.

Craven County Tax Administration:

Call the Craven County Tax Administration office at 252-636-6604 for any questions regarding tax collections, billing, and assessments. Payments can be paid online, with a fee, through Official Payments at

Payments can also be mailed to the address listed on the tax bill or dropped off in the drop box located on the corner of the building at 226 Pollock Street New Bern, NC.

Craven County Veterans Services:

Craven County Veterans Services will begin utilizing online and telephone services to serve the Veterans and their dependents. All Veterans are encouraged to register and use or to access their VA claims folder. This will provide updated information about pending claims, apply for new claims, and other eligible benefits. For those who do not have internet access, call the Department of Veterans Affairs 1-800-827-1000 for claims information.

Craven County Water Department:

Online services include submitting applications, work orders, updating contact information, and making payments. Customers will be required to create an online services account and then they can fill out the forms available and submit them to Craven County Water. Services can be accessed at Please contact Jessica Martinez at 252-636-6615 with any questions.

Craven Pamlico Animal Services:

Craven Pamlico Animal Services will be closed for walk in. Owner animal surrenders can be taken via appointment only by calling Craven County Pamlico Animal Services at 252-637-4606.