WCTI 12 Reporting The Town of Atlantic Beach is taking additional measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
“If you live, work or own property in Atlantic Beach, you may come to Atlantic Beach,” officials say. “If you are a visitor or tourist, you should stay away.”
Atlantic Beach has a State of Emergency declaration in place, and the following conditions are currently in effect:
- All restaurants are closed except for takeout orders,
- All bars are closed,
- All public beach accesses are closed,
- The Town Park is closed,
- All beach public parking lots are closed,
- All public restroom facilities are closed,
- The Atlantic Beach Circle is closed,
- Fort Macon State Park is closed,
- Social gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited anywhere in Atlantic Beach,
- Social distancing of at least six feet should be maintained during all gatherings and in all retail and other business environments,
- All vacation and hotel management companies are urged to refuse reservations to leisure travelers until April 6.
Officials say they must act decisively to flatten the curve, and they hope to welcome visitors and tourists back to Atlantic Beach soon.